Here's Alex before I cut his hair. This was a challenge to get him to smile. He didn't want his picture taken. He is starting to act more like a teenager everyday. But he is only nine!
Here is the after picture of Alex. His hair is a challenge to cut. It is incredibly thick and is slightly wavy, making it hard to comb. It seems like I can cut and cut on his hair and never be done. I am always telling him to be thankful for that thick head of hair and that I hope he keeps it all his life.
Here is Quinn's before shot. He looks kind of cute with that shaggy hair. I can always tell when its time to cut their hair because Quinn's hair is hanging over his ears. His hair is fine and straight so it shows its length faster than Alex's wavy hair.
Quinn, after. I always joke with the kids about taking off their ears and re-attaching when I'm done. Those pesky ears are always in the way. Its hard to cut around them without actually cutting them.
Ethan, before. His hair wasn't too long this time. I did a real number on him last time, cutting it quite short. Isn't he cute?
Ethan, after. Looks like he just won a race, doesn't it? His hair is very fine and thin, so it is the easiest to cut, but it also shows any of my mistakes the easiest. Quinn's hair used to be thin almost like Ethan's but thickened up in the last couple of years. Maybe Ethan's will thicken up here eventually too.
Here is sweet little Anna. I didn't cut her hair today, but did it a couple of days ago. Here she is after her bath today to remove chocolate ice cream from her hair. I don't have to contend with her ears while cutting her hair like I do the boys. I just trim the ends and her bangs. The challenge with her is keeping her still, but she's pretty good about it.
How in the world do you stand being around such cute kids all the time? How in the world can you discipline kids with those faces?
ReplyDeleteLove the haircuts...will you do mine?
BTW, I've tagged you over at Lonesome Pine...check it out.
I don't even try to actually cut the boys' hair with scissors. I just take the clippers to 'em and try not to cut their ears.
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, children are expensive. Our worst experience was when one of the children put something down the toilet and it got far enough down that we had to take the toilet up to clear it.
KARA, THE KIDS LOOKED SO MUCH OLDER TO ME IN THESE PICTURES. IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 6 MONTHS SINCE I LAST SAW THEM. DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE THAT IS HAS BEEN THAT LONG. THEY ARE GOING TO BE ALL GROWN UP BEFORE WE KNOW IT. I SURE DO MISS SEEING THEM ONCE IN AWHILE. THEY ARE ALL SUCH CUTE KIDS. MISS YOU GUYS.
ReplyDeleteMOM
Kara...I used to cut 1/2 of Jeff's hair (since college) and then one day I went shopping and he became impatient and cut his entire hair.
ReplyDeleteSince then he cuts his own now and I cut Logan and trim Abby's. It definitely saves $$$ but I end up spending what I save on my own hair
so we're even! Their haircuts look nice!
Sandy
What cute kids, and what great haircuts! You should teach a class, I really need some instruction on cutting my boys' hair!
ReplyDelete