Our footbridge now has an actual stream under it. :) It is normally dry, so this kind of nice. I did not help with the clean up, being my birthday, I didn't do much of anything. I talked on the phone a lot to family (Mom & Alisha) and friends (Jenny & Tammy) calling to wish me a happy birthday.
Here is Dom slaving away at making me dinner. A week or so ago, he asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said, "do I have a choice," knowing that money was tight. He said, "no, but I thought it sounded good." LOL! So I told him just to make me dinner. And breakfast in bed. And lunch. And.....
So he did make me breakfast in bed. I was already awake and waiting for it, so there was no surprise. But it was still nice. The kids came in and gave me their lovely home-made cards. Later Dom ran into town to buy me a cake. By the time he came back, he asked me what I wanted for lunch, but I had already eaten.And here is me with my very special birthday dinner. Dom had the kids set the table and I sat down to an empty round plate. Dom whisked that one away and sat down this platter full of food. This is what I had on my plate: a t-bone steak (my favorite cut); kabobs with scallops, potatoes, onions; bacon wrapped scallops; corn on the cob; sauteed asparagus; crab legs and cold shrimp. I was the only one with a t-bone and crab legs which made it special just for me. You'll be happy to know that I could not eat all that food in one sitting. Leftovers always make me happy, because then I get to enjoy a good meal twice.
Dom bought a chocolate ice cream cake. He put the candles on with one on the side, you may be able to see it. I thought that would be tricky to blow out with one breath, but I did it. The only thing is that I forgot to make a wish before I blew out my candles! ;(
Ummmm..snow cones! Could have used one of those as we slogged around town in the muggy heat.
ReplyDeleteGlad your birthday was fun and edible. Bex (looking over my shoulder) told me not to expect the same next week for mine! Bummer! Yours looked scrumptious!!
I know very well about "what do you want" knowing we can't afford anything...so I'm glad I have a kindred spirit out there. I'm content with leaving me alone long enough to take a nap!!!