Thursday, August 21, 2008
I Did It!
I've been wanting to cut my hair because it is getting tooooooooo long. And I thought since it is so long, I would donate it to an organization that makes wigs from real hair to give to cancer patients who lose theirs during chemotherapy. I kept thinking that I would get online to see what I needed to do in order to donate it. But days turned into weeks, and so forth. Today, after taking my shower and fighting to get a comb through it, I thought, "I can't stand this hair any longer, I'm going to cut it." So I went online to Google "donating hair." At first I thought I would donate to Locks of Love. They wanted at least 10 inches of hair. I went and grabbed a ruler and measured out 10 inches. "Oohh! I don't know about that," I thought. I remembered that Pantene Beautiful Lengths only needed 8 inches. I measured out that and thought that was a little more doable. But here was my worry. No organization wanted highlighted hair, semi-permanent color treated was acceptable though. They take hair from about 10 different people, put it all together to make one wig and then color it all to match. If your hair has been colored often or highlighted, it won't accept the new dye very well and may not match the other donations. Well, the ends of my hair have been highlighted when my hair was nice and very short. So I was afraid of cutting 8-10 inches off my hair and having it rejected because of it having been highlighted. But I still wanted to cut my hair, so 5-6 inches came off.
Here is me taking a picture of the mirror with my reflection showing the length of my hair. It looks like 10 inches wouldn't be a problem, but that would put it above my shoulders and I didn't really want to go that short. I think this is the longest my hair has ever been. It's called, No Money to Get a Haircut Regularly, Look.
Here is my 5-6 inches. I showed Dom these little pony tails without saying a word and his reaction was "tell me that didn't come from Anna!!!!"
Here is my after shot, that Alex took of me. I am being very brave posting this on my blog when I am not wearing any make-up in this picture!!! I still can't believe I'm doing it. I may regret it later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Yesterday, we all loaded up in Dom's truck on our way to do an apartment. When I got in the truck, Dom asked me if I had "such ...
-
I found this unpublished video on my blog as a draft. I had to publish it, so I could view it. It's from 2008. The playback speed is...
-
Last night I asked Dom to hand me the green pillow that belongs on our bed. He looks at me puzzled and says, "You mean this black pillo...
I can't believe how long your hair was! Last time I saw you it was above your ears! It looks great cut the length you have it! I hope they will except your locks of love!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Looks great Kara!! Ashlee donated her hair this year and it was a great momnet for her!! :) It's so sweet to think of that!!
ReplyDeleteOh! the above comment is from Rebecca :)!
ReplyDelete