Monday, June 23, 2008

One More Thing!

Oh, I forgot to add this to my last blog! Thursday before we went to Boston, Ga, I ran out of water. My well stopped working. I called Dom at work to tell him we “had a problem.” He said he would come back home to take a look at it. In the mean time, I wanted to take a shower to get ready to go to Boston to see the magician at the library. What was I to do? I had no water. Or did I? Yes, I had a pool full of water (not the turtle pool!). I went outside in my bathing suit with my shampoo and soap and bathed with the chlorinated pool water!!! I’m glad my neighbors can’t see me! Dom came home, after I was all “cleaned” up and went to work on the well. He had it working again in a matter of minutes. Yea, Dom saved the day! Although I kind of wished he did that before my pool bath, but that’s OK, we still made it to see that magician and I only smelled a little like chlorine.

The cool thing about this (besides my husband being incredibly handy!!) is he already had the part to fix the well. He told me that about a month or so ago, he was at Lowe’s and he felt the “urge” to buy a pressure switch for the well. He started to resist this “urge” because he didn’t need a pressure switch. But he decided to listen to this “urge” and he bought the switch and just tossed it into the well house once he was home with it. He even thought about returning the switch, but did not and it turned out that this is exactly what he needed to fix the well. Isn’t God awesome when he “urges” us and we listen!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo, Kara! You're #1 on my Bloglist!!!

    Loved the post. Reminds me WHY we live in the woods...for those private pool-bathing moments...for those wonderful dinners on the gas stove without power (except my oven is gas, too!)...and for the great dirt roads or rural America!

    We'll have to talk about bringing turtles home...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Please leave me a comment!

Video of Quinn