Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blueberries

This morning I went blueberry picking with my friend Meg in Tally. You can visit her blog by clicking on the link. You can even read about me on her blog. Oh, I feel so honored to be mentioned in cyberspace. :)

But anyway, near her house is a blueberry patch that is unkempt and the owners of that particular property let people come and pick blueberries for free. Anything for free is wonderful. It only costs gas, which is outrageous and with the gas hogs we drive and how far away from everything we live, it is still quite costly. But that's life in the year 2008.

These blueberries were huge and very sweet. Much sweeter than the ones we picked the other day and had to pay for at a U-Pick Blueberry Farm. It was an enjoyable morning. Meg in Tally made me meet her at 8:00 am! Uhh! ;) She really didn't make me, but suggested that the earlier the better to try and beat the heat. Which I thanked her for because it was much more pleasant to pick in the cool of the morning rather than the heat of high noon, which is when we picked at the U-Pick Farm. But meeting her that early made me get out of bed at 6:00 am in order to shower and get the kids up and going and be out of the house by 7:15. Which really turned into 7:30 before I was out the door, but yet, I still made it in time. Woo Hoo! (You see, I am a little spoiled with homeschooling my children. I don't have to get up super early to get everyone out the door to meet the bus. Which is really how I prefer it!)
I only had Ethan and Anna today since Alex and Quinn went to work with Dom to do their lemonade stand.

Here is a picture of them from yesterday in the stand Dom built (I am so blessed to have such a handy husband!). They grossed about $55 Friday. Dom and his co-workers joked with Alex and Quinn and asked if they were hiring since they are making a decent amount of money, more than some adults make a day.

Here you can see their location, tucked in the corner by Publix, yet still in front of Colortyme. They are enjoying themselves and wanted to do the lemonade stand again today, rather than go blueberry picking. I can't blame them.

I'm still waiting for more comment entries from yesterday's Flowers post before I reveal the winner. Oh, I know you can't wait to find out who that will be!! But I'll give it another day or two before I spill the beans on that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Please leave me a comment!

Video of Quinn