Lately, Anna has this "thing" with putting on socks. She goes and gets socks out of her own drawers or her brother's drawers and puts them on both her feet and her hands. She also likes to wear shoes, anyone's, her brothers included. Here is a picture where you can see she has two mismatched socks on, her brother's socks that is. She is showing you her pretty ball too.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Almost Big Bed
Anna's growing up. Sniff, Sniff!! I haven't wanted to see this day come and I've tried to prolong the inevitable. But she is ready for a big bed, almost. She has started to climb out of her crib, so yesterday, Dom took off the front rail, so she can get in and out of bed easier. I put the boy's old bed rail under her mattress, so that she won't roll out of bed. It adjusts so you can fold it down and out of the way. Putting sheets on the crib is now easier, since safety standards prevent any space to be between the mattress and the railings, it's almost impossible to get sheets between those places. I understand the safety issue, but come on!!
The boys were all in big boy beds by the time they were two because I needed the crib for the next baby. Anna turned two in April, but I didn't want to graduate her just yet and I don't need it for another baby. So I'm trying to keep her a baby. How am I doing?
So far she is doing pretty well with staying in bed. The boys were a "um" nightmare (can I say that and still get Mother of the Year Award) to keep in bed. I have had to go and put her back in several times, but I think she gets the picture. Or I'm just experiencing "beginner's luck" and she will turn into that "nightmare" to keep in bed. No, not my little girl. ;)
Here is the whole gang enjoying Anna's bed. This is really a cute picture, but when I upload onto my blog, pictures get all fuzzy. I don't know why.

She put on this head band herself, as you can tell. She can make funny faces, just like her brothers. They've taught her well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Yesterday, we all loaded up in Dom's truck on our way to do an apartment. When I got in the truck, Dom asked me if I had "such ...
-
I found this unpublished video on my blog as a draft. I had to publish it, so I could view it. It's from 2008. The playback speed is...
-
Last night I asked Dom to hand me the green pillow that belongs on our bed. He looks at me puzzled and says, "You mean this black pillo...
Soooo cute! We never had trouble with bedtime being bedtime. I guess we were just really firm... don't think we did anything else special.
ReplyDeleteActually, at 16 we have a harder time getting dd in bed! We are currently in the "go to bed whenever you want as long as you get up at the expected time" mode. It works most days.
Glad you like my scrolly thingy...if I told you how I did it, I'd have to shoot you! Ooooo..that didn't sound nice! You know what I mean! Maybe I'll share the secret sometime...its actually very easy. You KNOW its easy if "I" was able to do it!!! LOL!!
HI KARA,
ReplyDeleteVERY CUTE PICTURES. IT MADE ME WANT TO SEE THE KIDS AND GIVE THEM A BIG HUG. MISS YOU ALL. LOVED YOUR NEW BLOG. KEEP THEM COMING.
LOVE YOU ALL, MOTHER
It was funny as I was reading and looking at the photos I saw Domenick in Anna in the first two photos of her smiling (I think they may have the same cheeks) and I saw Ethan in the photo of her holding the ball and the one with her mouth open (the same facial expressions, I think). I'm not saying that she looks a lot like either of them; that is just who came into my thoughts when I was looking at the photos.
ReplyDeleteCute. Roger and I always said that you and Domenick sure know how to make cute kids.
Love you, Alisha