Yesterday I spent my time searching the web for widgets. What's a widget, you say? Wikipedia says "A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation." Clear? Basically it is something cool to add to my blog to spruce it up a bit. Dom had the boys out in the gulf yesterday for more scalloping with a friend of Dom's and his two sons, so Anna and I had a day alone at home. It was quiet here! So I spent my time on the computer instead of more vital household duties which will always be there to do tomorrow or the next day, and the next day...
For those who don't visit my actual web page because my post is emailed to you, you should stop by Bella to check out my new widgets. There is one that has a cool moving picture with a scripture verse overlay. The picture and verse are supposed to be changed every month, we'll see. At the very bottom of the page is another one displaying a bible verse, which is new every time you visit or hit the refresh buttom. The verse can be changed to a few different translations by clicking on the preferred translation at the top. You can also look up a particular verse, but it takes you to a different web page for that. :( I also added a place where you can sign up to receive my posts by email, well not exactly. The widget I was trying to use for that wouldn't work, so I used what blogger offers and it doesn't exactly let you use just your email, but a reader or homepage instead.
So if you have nothing better to do, stop by Bella and check out my widgets.
I really like your widget. It makes me want to get a blog just so I could have a widget.
ReplyDelete