We barely got there in time, because I was thinking we didn't have to rush out the door today, since we could view the trucks anytime between 10:00 and 12:00. We didn't get in the car until about 11:00 and since we live in the middle of nowhere, it takes a good 40 minutes to get anywhere near civilization (except Monticello that is 20 minutes away, but who's counting). So we got there just in time to see a fire truck leave with siren blaring, maybe to a call, but who knows. There still was a fire truck there that the kids were allowed to climb up in. Oh, how I wish I had a camera on my cell phone for these moments. Quinn even sat in a police car, and they all climb up into a bull dozer. Exciting, isn't it? The crowning moment, free popsicles from Blue Bell Ice Cream. Yea!! Anna was wearing hers all over me and herself. She was savoring it instead of eating it. Would have been another cute picture. But here is one of her with a Blue Bell hat on from when we went to a Blue Bell function when they were touring the U.S. celebrating their 100th year in making Ice Cream. We got free ice cream that day too. Yum!
I'm not sure who that is behind her, but its not me, I am the one with the camera.
Here is one with Quinn and Alex at the same Blue Bell function.
And here is one that I took with Dom and the kids when Dom rented a 'dozer to use around our house. This should help you visualize what today's pictures could have looked like.
Just keep blogging and one day your dream will come true of being at the top of my list! LOL! Actually, you're 2nd right now because Lea's blog updated at the same time as yours...sorry.
ReplyDeleteFYI...the kids aren't riding on a dozer...that's a front-end loader. Dozer's have trac's.
Just a little equipment know-how...from Mr. Fix-It!
Blue Bell -- my favorite ice-cream ever (homemade vanilla)! What cuties you have. The field trip sounds great.
ReplyDelete