So the next picture is the boys sitting at the table doing school work by lamp light. Ethan just joined us to eat his cold bagel and Anna is still sleeping in. I think she takes after me and Alex on the sleeping issue!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Quinn & Power
Quinn did the sweetest thing today. Early this morning he came into my room, tapped me awake, and then said, "I made breakfast." In my groggy state, I wasn't sure what he said, I only know I heard something about breakfast. Of course after he had woken me up, I rolled over mumbling "hmm." Remember, I'm not a morning person, and today was one of those great sleep in mornings, you know the kind where it is cloudy outside, so it is dark inside. It was raining this morning, which will bring me to my next topic "power." I did get up a few minutes later, my bladder was calling, and I went to investigate what this thing was that Quinn had woken me up about. There he sat at the table amongst 5 place settings and 5 cups of juice. Each plate had a bagel on it with cream cheese. I said, "you made breakfast?" He said, "yes, and it took me forever." How sweet is that!
So, Quinn and I ate breakfast alone, since everyone else was sleeping. Quinn eventually woke up Alex, so then the three of us finished our breakfast. Then the power went out. Thankfully Quinn had breakfast all made, so I didn't have to figure out what I was going to make with no electricity. God must have been speaking to Quinn this morning providing us with a meal before the power went out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Besides being chief cook and bottle washer in our home, I am also the family beautician. I cut everyone's hair including Dom and myself....
-
Mom! Congratulations! You are the lucky winner of recognition on my blog! Oh, I know you must feel so honored. But contain yourself, really....
-
Have you ever wondered where I got my flower picture in my blog title. Oh, I'm sure you have. ;) Well take a look at this picture, notic...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you!
Please leave me a comment!